This is royal Junooni Biryani prepared differently to perfection. The process of this Biryani is slightly different than the average biryani prepared at home or restaurants making it unique. Biryani can easily become National dish of Pakistan and the capital for Biryani is Karachi. Although there is a big question mark about the authenticity of the recipe which varies from region to region. Karachi and Lahore is at war since inception about the ingredients and which city has the best biryani. Lets us no get involved in that since Biryani has a special Place in every ones heart.
Biryani lovers this Video is especially for you.
This will take approx 2 hours 30 mins.
Serving size: 4 persons.
Difficulty Level: Beginner, Intermediate.
INGREDIENTS FOR BIRYANI
Mutton 200 gm
Salt 1 tea spoon
Red chilli 1 1/2 tea spoon
Turmeric 1/2 tea spoon
Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
Black pepper crushed 1 tea spoon
Garam massalah powder 1/2 tea spoon
Biryani Massalah 2 tea spoon
Cooking oil 1 cup
Rice 500 grams
Food colour as per required
Green chilli 25 grams
Ginger 25 grams
Mint leaves 50grams
Tomato & onion gravy 350 grams
Garlic 25 grams
INGREDIENTS FOR DOUGH
All purpose flour 200 grams
Oil 50 ml
Salt 1/3 tea spoon
Dry yeast 1/4 tea spoon
Water 150 ml
How To Prepare Mutton Gravy
- Take a pan (copper or bras would be Nice) keep on the burner and add oil in the pan. Mix 2 tbl spoon crushed Ginger and Garlic and put it in the pan with oil and sauté it well in the oil.
- Add mutton and sauté it well then start adding all the spices one by one in the following order. salt, chilli, turmeric and cumin seeds and mix it well.
- Prepare Tomato and onion gravy 350 grams on another pan and mix it with mutton and mix it well. Once the gravy is mixed well with mutton then cover it for dum and steam and keep checking it till its thawed, tender and cooked well.
- Add some more Oil and fry it. Add crushed black pepper, cumin seed, sliced ginger and green chilli. While frying it add garam masala and Biryani masala in it. Add mint leafs and milk pack cream in the end to make it thick. Fry it for 5 more mins till the gravy is ready.
Boil 500 Grams Rice and stain it.
How To Make Dough/Pastry
- Take All purpose flour add a pinch of salt, 50 ml oil , 1/4 tea spoon dry yeast, and 150 ml water.
- Start fluffing with your fingers. Keep your fingers loose and use a scooping motion. Repeat, adding water just one tablespoon at a time, until the dough forms shaggy clumps and holds together when pressed.
- Gather the dough in the bowl using one hand, then turn it onto the work surface.
- Lightly flour the work surface and the pastry. Roll out the pastry in one direction until it’s about 1cm thick Straighten up the sides with your hands now and again, and try to keep the top and bottom edges as round as possible.
- The dough should be 1.5 foot circle – the important thing is that it should be round and big enough to cover a Large bowl..
- Press the edges of the pastry together with the rolling pin.
- Roll out and fold the pastry again, repeating this four times in all to make a smooth dough, with buttery streaks here and there.
- Get a Large bowl and spread the dough evenly inside the bowl and the edges of the dough at least 2 inches spreading out of the bowl in round so it can easily be foolded.
- Make layers of steamed rice, mutton.
- Add Biryani colour , cashew nuts, raisins, caramalised onions and green chilli.
- Fold the dough evenly and coat it egg.
- Pre heat the oven at 180c for 10 minutes. Bake it in the oven for 20 mins.