Ghulab Jamun Cheese Cake Recipe
You are not a true Pakistani if you have not tried Gulab Jamun and fallen in love with it. Ghulab is a Urdu word which means rose in English and Jamun is berry in English Ghulab Jamun is soft delicious berry sized balls made of milk solids, flour and learning agent which are soaked in sugar and rose syrup and usually served warm. Ghulab Jamun can easily be declared National Dessert of Pakistan because be it a desi wedding, Eid, Party, Tea time snack or any religious occasion/event, Gulab Jamun is on top of the dessert list.
Watch Video and Subscribe to youtube.
Facts About Lotus Gulab Jamun Cheese Cake by Adeel Chaudry
Adeel has been focusing on taking Pakistani food to a whole new level. The name Ghulab Jamun itself melts many hearts. Lotus Gulab Jamun Cheese Cake is a contemporary dessert being served at Junoon. This perfect fusion where East meets the West is making a buzz in Pakistan’s dessert scene. This mouth watering dessert has broken many barriers and gives you a burst of flavour in your mouth.
View this post on Instagram
Winters In Lahore with Piping Hot #junooni GulabJamun and Bonfire @junoonrestaurant . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : . . . . : . . . . . . : . . . . . . . . #foodconnoisseur #lahore #adeelchaudry #adeelchaudhry #markweins #pakistanifood #junoonrestaurant #stylegents #pakistaniactors #pakistanifashion #haniaamir #fawadkhan #pakistanweddingformals #pakistanisongs #pakistanidesigner #pakistanidrama #pakistanfashion #pakistanwedding #asianwedding #mensfashion #dubai #pakistanistreetstyle #pakistanvogue #pakistanigents #beautifulbrides #lovedubai #mydubai
This is a beginner to Intermediate level Baking.
The process will take 1hour.
30 minutes of prep and 30 mins to chill.
It serves 5-6 persons.
Ingredients For Cheese Cake Crust
Lotus Biscuits 150gram
Ingredients For Cheese Cake Filling
Cream Cheese 200gram (take Puck cheese for best results)
Milk cream 150gram
Whipped cream 200gram
Condensed milk 150gram
Lemon Juice 1pc
Fresh Ghulab Jamun 1kg
- Take a mixing bowl, add in the crushed lotus biscuits and melted butter. Mix well until it holds together. Now take a 9’inch Springform Pan. This pan has a removable outer edge that unclasps easily after baking. If you want to make your Gulab Jamun Cheese Cake presentable, then using this pan would be ideal. It will easily remove the cake from baking pan.
- After taking the baking pan, put crushed lotus and butter mixture on the surface of pan and spread it evenly with the help of a spoon or spatula.
- Now pre-heat the oven. For Commercial oven preheat to 180 degrees for Non Commercial oven preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Now bake the mixture for 5 minutes to allow it to become a thin crust.
- Once the crust is ready, get it out of the oven and leave it to set and adjust to the room temperature.
For Cheese Cake Filling:
- Take a large mixing bowl and add cream cheese and condensed milk and give it a mix. Now one by one add the whipped cream and lemon juice and beat the mixture with egg beater for 5 to 7 minutes until becomes a thick mixture. Add the dissolved gelatin and mix it again for another 2 minutes. The cheese cake mixture is ready.
- In next step take the crust and assemble all the fresh gulab jamun on the crust forming a layer of ghulab jamun.
- Now add in the cream cheese mixture onto the gulab jamuns and set it well that all the ingredients of gulab jamun cheese cake hold together.
- Set the top of cheese cake well that it is even from the top.
- Keep the cheese cake in the refrigerator for about 30 mins to allow it to form a nice cheese cake shape and outline.
- In the last step, do the decoration of your choice with the ghulab jamun on top and sprinkle the pistachio and dried rose petals on top for presentation.
- Louts Gulab Jamun Cheese Cake is ready to be served 🙂